Brian L. Schleicher, Of Counsel
Brian Schleicher practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, general corporate transactions, commercial lending, software licensing, securities compliance and asset based finance. He was a founding partner of Focal Point Advisors, LLC, a business advisory firm, and Concorde International, LLP, an international consulting firm which provided financial and strategic planning and operational support to clients. Brian was licensed in Florida as a certified public accountant and practiced with Deloitte Haskins & Sells (now Deloitte & Touche, LLP) and BDO Seidman, and he is a former professor of accounting at the University of Miami. Prior to forming North Atlanta Law Group P.C., Brian was a partner at the Atlanta based law firm of Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP, where he practiced in the corporate, financial restructuring and securities groups. His financial and business background enables him to assist clients, many of which are start-ups in the high technology field, as their "business advisor" as well as their legal advisor.
Brian received his B.S. degree from the State University of New York, Buffalo in 1979, his Master of Professional Accounting degree from the University of Miami in 1981 and his J.D., with distinction, from Emory School of Law in 1987. He is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association and State Bar of Georgia (Bankruptcy Law, Corporate and Banking Law, Taxation Law and Computer Law Sections).
Brian was a founding Board Member and officer of The Alfred and Adele Davis Academy, a K-8th grade private school, and a founding board member and treasurer of the AMIT Community School, Inc., a private school dedicated to assisting children with learning disabilities.
- State University of New York, Buffalo, Bachelor of Science, 1979
- University of Miami, Master of Professional Accounting, 1981
- Emory School of Law, Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1987; Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Georgia (Bankruptcy Law, Corporate and Banking Law, Taxation Law and Computer Law Sections)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Founding Board Member and former Vice President of The Alfred and Adele Davis Academy
- Founding Board Member and former Treasurer of the AMIT Community School, Inc.
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida, 1981
- Admitted to practice in State, Superior and Magistrate Courts in Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, United States District Court, and United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals