Michael E. Jacobs, Attorney at Law and Shareholder
Michael's overall focus on practicing law is to create a flexible approach that delivers a superior level of efficiency and productivity for all clients while providing excellent customer service. Michael seeks to find ways to simplify his client's life and keep each client safe in their endeavors.
Michael practices in the areas of real estate and banking, contracts, business and corporate law, construction and development, and finance with emphasis on assisting clients in making intelligent and well-informed business decisions, commercial, SBA and residential real estate closings, financing, leasing and the drafting and negotiation of corporate documents including formation of corporate entities. Michael consistently works with clients to develop strategies to assist clients in growing their business and expanding their opportunities, while maintaining their safety.
Michael regularly advises property owners, builders, renovators and investors (US and International), financial institutions, corporations, non-profit foundations and private equity groups in the financing, and closing of residential and commercial real estate transactions, SBA closings, construction and development, foreclosures, the management of foreclosed residential and commercial properties, office, industrial, retail, multi-family, restaurant, and other single family projects. In his leasing practice, Michael represents both landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiation of lease agreements, restructuring of lease obligations and in dispossessory actions. In his corporate and business practice, Michael has extensive experience representing small to mid-sized business owners in all aspects of their business, including formation and corporate structure, drafting and negotiation of contracts including employment contracts, the purchase and sale of businesses, asset purchases and sales, partnership issues and disputes. Prior to joining the firm, Michael served as a partner in a full service law firm and as general counsel to a medium-sized financial institution.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1991
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts, 1988
- State Bar of Georgia (Real Estate and Business Law Sections)
- Admitted to practice in State, Superior and Magistrate Courts in Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, United States District Court, and United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of Alpharetta and North Fulton Chambers of Commerce
- Founding member of International Section North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- Participating member of local athletic clubs