Steven M. Jampol, Attorney at Law and Shareholder
Steven M. Jampol represents individuals and businesses in commercial litigation, arbitration, contract disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, fraud, franchise litigation, insurance litigation, business collections and construction industry disputes. Steven also serves as general counsel to several small and medium sized businesses for whom he reviews and negotiates employment contracts, internet agreements, software licenses and other contracts. He previously held a real estate sales license and utilizes his expertise in this area to review and negotiate real estate contracts, leases, construction contracts and development agreements. Steven is also a certified mediator and has participated as an attorney in hundreds of mediations. Steven practices in the growing area of cyber law and domain name disputes. In his litigation practice, Steven headed the team that obtained a favorable jurisdictional ruling involving an internet case published as Peridyne Technology Solutions, LLC v. Matheson Fast Freight, Inc., 117 F.Supp.2nd 1366 (N.D.Ga.2000).
Steven received his Bachelor of Arts in political science from Boston University, his Juris Doctor, with honors, from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, and is a former law school adjunct professor of contract law. He is a member of the New York and Georgia State Bars, in addition to practicing in the courts of those states. Steven is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Steven was seen in The American Lawyer® magazine as a 2014 Top Rated Lawyer.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, Juris Doctor, with honors, 1981; Recipient American Law Book Company Award for Scholarly Attainment in Work of Third Year, Moot Court Executive Council, National Moot Court Team
- Boston University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1978
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of New York
- Adjunct Professor of Law, John Marshall Law School, Atlanta Georgia 1993-1995
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, New York, 1976
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, Georgia, 1989
- Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association
- Rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Admitted to practice in State, Superior and Magistrate Courts in Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, United States District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Eleventh Circuits and the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- 1979 Broker Dealer Liability Manual, Implied Causes of Action for Stock Exchange Rule Violations, (Practicing Law Institute, New York, New York Substantial Assistance)
- 2014 Certified Mediator - Registered with Georgia office of Dispute Resolution
- Quintel Corporation, N.V. v. Citibank, N.A., 589 F. Supp. 1235 (S.D.N.Y. 1984)
- Power Test Petroleum Distributors, Inc. v. Calcu Gas, Inc., 754 F.2d 91 (2nd Cir. 1985)
- Peridyne Technology Solutions, LLC v. Matheson Fast Freight, Inc., 117 F. Supp. 2nd 91 (N.D. Ga 2000)
- In Re Estate of Brice, 288 Ga. App. 449, 654 S.E.2nd 420 (2007)
- Kim v. First One Group, LLC, 305 Ga. App. 861, 700 S.E.2nd 729 (2010)